Venture#1: Reducing ACEs
Just imagine a countywide, collective impact effort that has two major goals:
- Reducing Adverse Childhood Experiences (or ACEs) – which are bad things that happen to children as they are growing up – AND
- Promoting resiliency – strengths that help kids and families meet the challenges of everyday life and recovery from adversity.
Further, imagine that
- 235 community members and leaders,
- Representing 93 county organizations committed to the welfare of children and youth,
- Comprise 4 action teams meeting monthly to discuss community needs related to a strategy map, as well as opportunities for collaboration –
- Both among the team members
- And between the team and others in the community.
- Plus, 1 policy team of elected officials and school superintendents who meet quarterly to learn about what the teams are doing and advise on how to resolve issues and promote progress.