- Provide strategic leadership and ensure NWVP’s capacity to advance its mission and vision.
- Communicate the vision and build the organization’s profile through effective public relations.
- Grow NWVP’s network of funders and initiative resources.
Recommended Skills, Competencies, & Experience
- Proven civic and community leadership experience in business, nonprofits, or government
- Connections to circles of influence and willingness to access them
- Strategic decision-making skills
- Intellectual nimbleness, including the ability to question and to work with complex concepts
- Ability to respectfully listen and authentically communicate
- Ability to look at both the global world and local community
- Fund development experience
- Demographic diversity
Each Director will
- Attend monthly Board meetings. Committee work may also be needed as the organization advances.
- Assist in recruiting new Board members.
- Annually, make an unrestricted personal donation to NWVP to the extent of his or her capacity.
- Be responsible for at least $30,000 in unrestricted annual contributions to NWVP. Personal donations may be supplemented by grants, sponsorships, and/or financial support from other individuals and organizations.
A term for a Director will be three years with a limit of three consecutive terms. There is not currently a limit on lifetime terms.